Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013!
 
2012 was a great year and as I try to think back and remember all the wonderful things that happened...
 
I can't remember! Because I
NEVER took pictures and I NEVER wrote anything down.
 
...What a serious bummer...
 
So one of my biggest NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS is to:
*Take more photos
*Record events (big or small)
 
So I thought I would start the New Year off right by doing a mid-January blog post. (how is it already mid-Jan??!!)


We started off the New Year will a New Years Eve party at our house with all of our friends.  Jess is so lucky to have a GREAT group of guy friends that have all stayed really close since they graduated high school.  We spent the night playing games, eating junk food, and making s'mores by our fire pit that we had just bought that day.  Jess LOVES sitting by a fire when it is cold outside so we knew this would be a necessary purchase.

I'm so glad we have such fun friends to hang out with
 
 
 On January 3rd I got my 300th Etsy Sale!
I feel so blessed that my business venture has been so successful in these few shorts months since I opened. I truly LOVE creating and designing and it feels so great to know I will be able to provide some good income when I eventually have kiddos at home.

I can't believe my stuff has been viewed over 5,000 times this month! Another one of my resolutions is to hit 1,000 Etsy sales by the end of the year... yikes! I better start cracking down and working hard!

Last weekend we went on a short weekend SNOW trip with our friends Dave & Elyse.  I only remember seeing snow about 3 times in my life so I was pretty excited to go up.  The drive up was beautiful and I loved seeing the snow all over the mountains.  After we arrived, we had fun taking pictures with the giant icicles... we are slightly violent :)
Gorgeous white snow everywhere!
That night we went out to dinner & icecream and then saw the movie "Jack Reacher" which I thought was SUCH a good movie.
The next morning we ate breakfast at a yummy little restaurant and bought ourselves some snow gear to go tubing down the snow hills.  2 hours later after driving in a blizzard and treking through knee deep snow, we decided tubing might be out of the question.
That night after dinner, we decided we NEEDED to do something stupid, like run outside across the street and jump in the snow barefoot.
Then Jess and Dave decided to see who could stand in the snow barefoot the longest.  Jess cracks me up. Sorry the videos are sideways, iphones are awesome (not)

It was such a fun trip and we will FOREVER remember it because this is what the cold weather did to Jess's car stereo display... and it hasn't gone away :)
 
We have a SUPER EXCITING event coming up this next week so I'll be posting about that soon!

2 comments:

Afton LeSueur said...

I'm so happy for you that your business is going so well!

Jocelyn said...

I'm so excited to get to read more on your blog. Congratulations on your etsy success! That is awesome! Your snow trip sounds fun. Someday I'll have to tell you about my first snow camping trip with my husband-- it was NOT fun.