Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mom

Today is my mom's birthday... Kinda. It was actually LAST Sunday but she had the stomach flu that day so we decided that day didn't count!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
I can't even explain how thankful I am for my mom. Even tho sometimes it seems like we are COMPLETE opposites of eachother, I know that so many of my mom's traits and characteristics have been past down to me and they are characteristics that her mom had and traits that I can only hope to have when I am a mother someday. My mom thinks about her family 24/7. She always stays positive. She has put all of her effort into creating a home and a family that is centered around the gospel and no matter what the latest trend is in the world, she has always taught us that the only safe place to be is righteously living all aspects of the gospel. She has taught us to be humble, to be thankful, and to work hard for what you have. She is selfless and patient and sacrifices all for the happiness of others. She taught us to develop all our talents and never give up on our dreams, but she also keeps me grounded in reality when necessary. With all the corruption and temptations in this world it amazes me how strong of a person my mom continues to be. I know she has a special place waiting for her in heaven and I can only pray that one day my children can say the same things about me.
Mom:
Thank you for...
1. Supporting me with school and dance and art and all of my other ambitions
2. Always being a phone call away everytime I forget something and need you to bring it to me
3. Cleaning my room WAY too many times, because you knew I was stressed
4. Always keeping me on my toes and pushing me to be better
5. Giving me more scratches and massages than i could ever count
6. Sleeping on the couch with me this week while I was sick
7. Always cooking meals for us every night
8. Bringing me breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc. anytime and anywhere when i'm hungry!
9. Reminding me of my potential, and never letting me settle

I Love You Mom,
You are an amazing example to us all.
Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

glenn said...

Happy Birthday! She is really nice.

glenn said...

oops, that was me again, Afton. That is twice in a row now!

Kristen Arnett said...

Wow, I couldn't have said this better myself. What a nice birthday tribute! Thanks for reminding me of all the things I love about Mom!

Shawnda and Nathan Mills said...

hey girl! I need your address for a wedding invite! e-mail it to me at dawlsb22@aol.com thanks

Shawnda and Nathan Mills said...

hey girl! I need your address for a wedding invite! e-mail it to me at dawlsb22@aol.com thanks

Shawnda and Nathan Mills said...

hey girl! I need your address for a wedding invite! e-mail it to me at dawlsb22@aol.com thanks